Monday, January 9, 2012

My Little Protégée!!!

I was at the bank recently opening a new checking account (new year, new bank, new stuff.....) and as one of the security measures the bank takes you must pick a "keysite" for the access to your online account.  It's just a picture and they are large variety to choose from.  I pick a photo of a bunch of tomatoes! I told the woman at the bank that I picked this because I like to cook.  She then asked me if I was "a good cook".  My response was that "I've been told that I am."  To which she said "then you are a good cook."  I do know this I enjoy cooking and especially cooking for others.  I gives me such great satisfaction to prepare meals for others and watch them as the devour it and hopefully are satisfied by it. 

That being said let me introduce you to someone who proudly professes to be a "good cook!"  This is Julia and she reminds me of what a great cook she is every time we are in the kitchen creating some sort of fantastic dish.  Even yesterday when we were working together to create a wonderful tuna salad for grampa for his sandwiches she reminded me as she sprinkled in the thyme "I'm a good cook." 

More on WHAT we are creating here later!!

I will say this for her - she is not afraid to get her hands dirty.  She is willing to get right in there and work at making a wonderful meal.  Now if I could just get her to try eating them!!

Do you have someone who watches and mimics you?  One of the best ways to keep ourselves in check is to remind ourselves that little eyes are watching!! And this one has eagle eyes when it comes to watching me!!

No comments: